““This casserole of lasagna has always been a family favorite, with all of the goodness minus the hard work! Plus, you don’t have to empty your wallet to keep a crowd well-fed.””
Serving: 12 | Prep: 20m | Ready in: 1h11m
- 1 (12 oz.) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 (12 oz.) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (28 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- 2 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat a big pot of slightly salted water to a rapid boil. Add in egg noodles to stir and reduce heat to bring water to a simmer. Leave the noodles uncovered in the pot for approximately 6 minutes while stirring periodically until the noodles obtain a tender appearance and firm texture. Strain the noodles.
- Set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and leave aside until preheated. Place cooked egg noodles into a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking tray.
- Add sour cream, cottage cheese, and cream cheese into a bowl and mix evenly.
- Set stove to medium heat and place large skillet. Add and stir ground beef inside the skillet for approximately 5 minutes, until almost brown. Add in tomato paste and pasta sauce to mix.
- Scatter cottage cheese blend on top of the cooked egg noodles in the baking tray. Cover with cooked ground beef.
- Place baking tray inside preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Scatter a layer of cheddar cheese and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and bubbles appear.
- Calories: 464 calories;
- Total Carbohydrate: 36.3 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
- Total Fat: 25.1 g
- Protein: 23.7 g
- Sodium: 838 mg