“This cavatini dish is so amazing.” Serving: 16
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (32 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. chopped ham
- 1/2 cup cooked and cubed chicken
- 3 oz. sliced pepperoni sausage
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup seashell pasta
- 6 oz. rotini pasta
- 2 lbs. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsps. grated Parmesan cheese
- In the small-sized skillet, sauté the mushrooms, green peppers and onions in the margarine/butter. Put aside.
- Brown the hamburger on medium heat in the big skillet. Drain off. Combine the black and red pepper, salt, pepperoni, turkey/chopped chicken, chopped ham, pasta sauce and tomato sauce. Put the vegetable sauce into the hamburger mixture.
- Cook the pasta based on the instruction on the packages. Drain off.
- Spread a small amount of the sauce over the bottom of two 9×13-in. pans. In each pan, put one layer of the pasta, one layer of the mozzarella cheese, one hamburger sauce layer, one drizzle of the Parmesan cheese, and one more layer of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers. Keep the pans covered.
- Bake at 175 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 30-45 minutes.
- Calories: 491 calories;
- Total Carbohydrate: 24.3 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
- Total Fat: 29.4 g
- Protein: 31.5 g
- Sodium: 1040 mg