Share it to save it for later!
“This dish is very easy and quick to make with great taste.” Serving: 4 | Prep: 10m | Ready in: 25m
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef, or more to taste
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 oz. reduced-fat processed cheese food (such as Velveeta®), cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsps. reduced-fat sour cream, or more to taste
- Heat a big skillet on moderately high heat. Cook and stir together in the hot skillet with black pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, onion and ground beef for 5-7 minutes, until crumbly and browned. Drain and get rid of grease.
- Turn the skillet back to burner on high heat. Put in water, then place a cover on and bring to a boil. Stir into the boiling water-ground beef mixture with macaroni, then cover and lower heat to moderate. Cook with a cover about 5 minutes. Stir, cover, and cook, for 5 minutes longer, until macaroni is soft.
- Stir into the ground beef-macaroni mixture with processed cheese food until melted. Take away from the heat and stir in sour cream.
- Calories: 449 calories;
- Total Carbohydrate: 47.9 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
- Total Fat: 15.4 g
- Protein: 28.2 g
- Sodium: 930 mg