“This pasta primavera is like a sunny and cool spring day. It is made with fettuccine or spaghetti mixed with fresh spring veggies.”
Serving: 6 | Prep: 20m | Ready in: 45m
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts only, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup shelled English peas
- 1 bunch asparagus, stalks diced, tips left whole
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or as needed
- Boil a big pot of lightly salted water. Dip the basil leaves in boiling water for 2secs until bright green while holding basil bunch by the stems; submerge in ice water right away for a few minutes to cease the cooking process. Drain well when the basil is cold. Split the stems from the basil leaves; get rid of the stems.
- In a blender, combine garlic, basil leaves, half cup olive oil, and a cup of chicken broth until smooth.
- Using the same pot of boiling water, mix in fettuccine then boil again. On
medium heat, cook pasta for 8mins until completely cooked but firm to chew; drain.
- On medium heat, heat the remaining 2tbsp olive oil in a big pot; add green onion and leek. Cook and stir for 5mins until soft; add salt and jalapeno. Cook and stir for another 5mins until the jalapeno is soft.
- Turn heat to medium-high; mix English peas, 2 cups of chicken broth, sugar snap peas, and zucchini into the jalapeno mixture. Let it simmer then cook for 5mins; put in asparagus. Cook for another 3mins until the asparagus is soft.
- Add a quarter cup of garlic-basil mixture into the zucchini mixture; cook and stir for a minute until completely heated. Take off heat.
- In a big bowl, put pasta then add the zucchini mixture and the rest of the garlic-basil mixture over pasta; top with Parmesan cheese. Mix for a bit to combine; use aluminum foil to wrap the bowl tightly. Let it sit for 5mins until the veggies and pasta absorb most of the oil and juices. Mix again.
- Calories: 589 calories;
- Total Carbohydrate: 72.5 g
- Cholesterol: 8 mg
- Total Fat: 26.9 g
- Protein: 18.6 g
- Sodium: 607 mg